Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Friday, March 16, 2012

March 12, 2012

Hey Everyone!


¡Tanto Tiempo! Sorry I havent written in a while.... but its okay now, I am writing today!


For the past 2 and a half months Ive been in the Southern part of my mission in a City called Temuco. It is a pretty big city, very green and beautiful unlike my last sector in the north, and I have spent most of the Summer here. It has been really hot some days because there is no wind, it has also been freezing some days because it has rained for weeks at a time non-stop. Good thing I love the rain, right? Yep! Well, like I said, I am in a city named Temuco, but in a sector called Llaima. But you might as well call my sector Rich Ville. O.o My goodness the people in the sector are quite rich! Also this ward is pretty dead.... and has been for awhile. The people here are hard to teach because they dont want to listen because they have a lot of money (Im not saying money is a bad thing either!) But the little members that do go to church are very strong (but also a little lazy to help us in the work). Ive learned a lot here, and Ive learned the importance of the members in Missionary Work. We are trying our best, My comp Elder Jennings and I, to get a fire started in this ward to help the people here. This ward is notorious for little baptizms... in the past 4 years there have been.... maybe 6 or 7? Not very many at all! But we have 2 baptizmal dates for 2 of our investigators for the 31st of March! Finally our hard work is showing some fruits! But the sad part is that I might not be here for their baptizms, because cambios are in one more week.
Like I said, this sector is really rich and it has been really hard. Ive been dealing with a lot here in the Mission, but I feel like I have grown quite a bit. This sector is also huge... HUGE! So I get to walk around quite a bit. Elder Jennings lived in the same house as me in the north, but now he is my comp here in the south. The house we are in is so much better than the one before.... it is actually a house! It seems like everyday here in Llaima something weird happens to us. A ton of people can speak English. There are a lot of Native people that live here in the south and they have a different language. We have a lot of really big houses with pools in our sector, a huge soccer stadium, no drunks! It is a really clean portion of the city of Temuco. But that just makes it all the more difficult to find people that will listen to us. All we can do is try our best everyday. And so the work and life continues on everyday. Some days better than others, but that is life. But with life, we have the chance everyday to learn the things of God. Yesterday we had a stake conference, and the theme was about families! Families really are important, and it is important that we strengthen our families and our homes with the gospel and the little things! ... oh, and will you tell Bro. Haddox thanks for the letter and the tie!!
I hope you are all well! Take care everyone. Thanks for all of your support!
Con mucho Amor,
Elder Garrett







No comments:

Post a Comment