Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013


 Hey there everybody!

So, I´m down to my last 8 weeks here in Chile... today I went to the mission office to see all the missionaries that go home today... it was really weird. It was kinda a smack in the face that gave me a wake up call saying, "HEY!!! YOU¨RE GOING HOME SOON" Don´t remind me!!!! Haha, it is going to be hard to leave Chile.

Well, other than that traumatizing experience, this week was a pretty good week and even though none of our investigators showed up to church because of Father´s Day, we were able to find some new people to teach and the investigators we have are progressing a little bit more everyday! :) So I'm pretty happy about that. 

We found out that one of our investigators who won´t get baptized is really just scared that anything. She even told us that she wants to get baptized! Haha, sometimes I feel like as missionaries we are Psycologists too... One time a general authority told us that missionaries do everything, they can be anything and will do anything if it is what the Lord requires of us. It only makes me think that when there are scriptures that say that they "convinced" the people to change and accept the gospel, I feel like that they had already accepted the gospel in thier hearts, only they were confused in their heads as to take the decision! So that´s what we are doing now, just trying to help our investigators the best we can.

This week was also a really active week when it comes to excersizing! I´ve been help my comp do some pretty intense cardio excersizes because he wants to start losing a bit of weight! I tell him that he shouldn´t eat so many completos and empanadas, even if they are so delicious! :) But his legs are so sore now he tells me, haha! He will get used to it soon!  

Well, just so you know, I´m getting moved to the Chile Concepción Mission in a week or two. I´m going to stay in the same sector and with my comp, I´ll just be in the other mission for the last few weeks of my mission, so it really won´t be a big change at all. But it will be interesting! Well, that was my week! I love you all so much! We went on an adventure to a beach today! It was a lot of fun! Happy Father´s day Dad! I love you so much! You are the best Dad I could ever ask for! I hope you had a good Father´s Day! :)

Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrétt













No comments:

Post a Comment