Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Monday, July 22, 2013

July 15, 2013

Hey there everybody!!!! Thanks for all of your prayers for me this past week when I was sick... I got better right away! :)

Well, this past week was like a roller coaster for Elder Miranda and I, we had a lot of things that we had to do!

Well, first of all, we have been able to find a few more investigators finally. We are being blessed for all the searching that we have been doing since we arrived in the sector, so we are really excited and really happy for everything that we are recieving in our Lord´s Vineyard. My comp and I were able to set some really good goals and plans to help out our investigators and to help out the ward, and we are seeing the results. 

We had 114 people in Church this week... when we arrived we were lucky to see 70 at church... we´ve been reactivating a lot of inactive families and we are super happy to see that everyone is coming back to church, even if it is a small portion of all the inactives. So we are really excited to see the fruits of some of the work.

We also had a great experience to be able to see how much help the members can be in Missionary Work. We have an investigator named Sylvia (I´m sure I´ve mentioned her), who stopped progressing because her son (a recient convert) started to go astray. So, my comp and I talked and thought and prayed a lot to know what we should do to help her, and we felt like the only thing that would really help her to keep progressing would be getting her to have a better support system with members. So this week we put a goal to take the Relief Society President with us to a lesson with her... and MIRACLE!!!! She loved it so much, they instantly became friends, and she wanted to come to church so much. And for the first time since being in this sector, she went to church without her son AND she stayed for all 3 hours. It was a miracle! Members are such a bit help in the Lord´s work, it´s really neccesary!

This weekend, from Friday until Sunday, we also participated in an activity with the youth here in our stake where the youth were mini missionaries for 3 days and they did everything with us! I was with a youth named Gonzalo... he was baptized 3 months ago and was really excited to be able to have a missionary experience! He and I had a really great time together while my comp had his first taking the charge experience. Elder Miranda was really nervous but he did a great job! :) We are loving this work! 

So, that´s a bit of the news from this last week here in Chile. We had interviews with our Mission President, Presidente Arrington. He is a great man, and I´m so excited to have him as my new mission presidente! I love you all so much! You´re all so great! 

Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrétt

OH!!!! And Feliz cumpleaños a mis hermanas KARLEY y BRITTANY!!!!!! Las amo muchísimo!!!!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment