I hope you all had a great Easter! It is a grand time of the year to remember our saviour and redeemer Jesus Christ, his sacrifice, and his ressurrection!
Although I didnt celebrate with Candy and the Easter Bunny, My companion and I celebrated with a gift far better.... A BAPTIZM!!!!! We had the Baptizm of Roberto Artemio Brito Salas. He is 72 years old, and it was an amazing experience! This week was pretty crazy... making the invites, inviting all of the members, planning the baptizm, and then filling the font and everything! I wasnt stressed out too much, but it was a lot of work to get everything planned! Luckily we had help from a few members... but not too many because this ward is dead! But we are trying to change that. It has been a long time since there was a baptizm here in this ward.... The last baptizm was in November.... it was easy to see it had been awhile, because there were spider webs in the font and it was really gross. But we cleaned it up really good and the baptizm went well! I had the opportunity to baptize and confirm Roberto as a member of the Church. He was super happy! He shared his testimony with his family that was at the baptizm and said that it was dangerous (because he has problems walking down stairs... scray!) and that he felt so good and happy, and also that he hopes his family can have the same blessings as he does!
From all the hard work that I have been doing here in this insanely hard sector, I am super happy that I was finally able to see the fruits of my work. It wasnt easy to have a baptizm, it was a lot of work. But as with everything, when we work hard in the things of the Lord, we will be blessed!
Now as the Easter season passes, and also our baptizm, we still have a lot of work to do... because the work of the Lord never ends! We have another baptizm date, and we are going to try to put another one with another investigator this week too... Hopefully we can see another baptizm by the end of the month! I am going to work as hard as I possibly can to do it! I am praying for you all and wishing the best always! Thanks for all your prayers and support! Things are going great with Elder Lengruber! I am really enjoying my time with him! I love you all! I love you so much Caralyn! Feel better soon sweetie! I am always praying for you too! Hehe!
Take care everyone!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Scott Garrett
No comments:
Post a Comment