Hey Everybody!
I hope you are all well! This past week was kinda a crazy week... but nothing really too crazy happened! We finally were able to teach a lot in a week here in Llaima! The people here are usually really closed off to listen to us or to even talk to us... but for whatever reason, this week went a lot better! We have been working hard to help one of our investigators quit smoking so that she can be baptized this weekend... but we might hold off one more week to see how things are going with her. She is trying so hard to quit smoking, but it is really hard for her to do it! But we have been praying hard and fasting to help her out, because we know the best help that she can get is from our Heavenly Father! We also put another Baptizmal date with another investigator this past week... so we could be having 2 more baptizms here quite soon! I am so happy to see that all the work that I have been doing here in Llaima is turning out great in the end!
Also, this past week I taught my first English class! I thought I would be really nervous... but it was pretty fun! But I know that I never want to be a teacher after the mission... it doesnt catch my attention very much! But the class was fun! 6 people showed up, not a whole lot, but it was perfect for the trail run of teaching English. I ended up teaching the English Alphabet, we spent a lot of time learning how to pronounce words (because latinos have problems with pronouncing words in English... it was fun to hear them speak!) And then I started to teach how to use some verbs and sentance structure. I taught a few basics and then we had to end the class because I had been teaching for an hour! The time flew by quite quickly! We have also been planning an activity for this week, because Llaima (our ward) doesnt really have many activities... so on Friday we are going to have a Kareoke! How fun! So it will be interesting. I also get to teach my second English Class... hopefully we will have more people!
This week we also taught many strange people.... but luckily we are all Children of God! We taught our Japanese friend again, and he was scared that we told him that we know that the church is the only true church and that he can find out for himself. We taught some budhists that believed in the Holy Ghost and that God is a person. We taught a baptist that believes in the Book of Mormon but doesnt like the idea of getting baptized in our church. We talked with an Evangelico that wouldnt accept that she needs to recieve the spirit by the laying on of hands even though we read her some scriptures in the Bible that teaches that... sigh... I dont understand the logic of people sometimes... but we do what we can and try to plant as many good seeds that we can with everyone we meet! I hope you are all well! I love you all so much! Thanks for the Birthday Package! It is going to be my birthday next week... 21 years... wow, I am getting old! I love you all! I love you so much too Caralyn! More than you know! Take care everyone! Until next week!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Scott Garrett
No comments:
Post a Comment