Hey there Everybody!
This past week was quite crazy for us here. Our English Class went well. We had a few more people this time and I wasnt able to go through all the material I had planned... but it went well! It is still really fun to hear the accents of the Chilean people when they speak English! ^_^ Well, this week we also had a Karaoke in the Church. It was the first ward activity in like 2 years... at least that is what I have heard from some members here. It has been a long time... that is all I know! It was a little stressful with the activity... because we didnt get too much help from the members to plan it and invite people. Sigh... I think sometimes the members are a little lazy... Make sure you are not being lazy and that you are inviting non members and less actives to church and activities and such! It is so much easier that way! Well, on top of all of that extra work, our investigator that had a baptizm date for the past weekend, she had a lot of doubts and didnt want to be baptized. We worked so hard to help her feel better, and we found out she didnt understand the Restoration... so we had to reteach a lot to her. But she is well now... and although she wasnt baptized last weekend, we hope she will be able to be baptized this weekend or really soon!
But the Karaoke in the end went well.... aside from all of the craziness running around in our sector inviting everyone... In the end, only members showed up... but I was super happy that a less active member showed up... and she went to Church and seminary! Woot! Yesterday in church, my convert Roberto, the 72 year old, he recieved the Aaronic Priesthood! He is so awesome... he is always early to church and is ready to participate and such! It is amazing how the Gospel can change the lives of people in the best way possible! So... now after a long hard week, Elder Lengruber and I are in the last week of this Cambio... This Cambio has gone by really fast. So at the end of this week I will find out if I am going to stay here, or go to a new sector. If I will have a new comp, or stay with Elder Lengruber. I know I will be happy with whatever, because it is what the Lord wants... but personally I would really love to stay here in Llaima with Elder Lengruber for at least one more cambio. I have enjoyed my time here so much. Llaima feels like a second home to me. Even though it is incredibly hard here, I love it. I love you all at home too. I love you too Caralyn! ^_^ Well, it is my birthday in 2 days! I am getting old! 21 years.... weird! O.o I dont feel that old at all! Well, Thanks for all the love and for the Birthday wishes! I hope all of you are well! Please keep Sister LeBaron in your prayers... and Also the Grandma of my Caralyn. They both have Cancer! Prayers always help! ^_^ I love you all! Take care! Until next week!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett
No comments:
Post a Comment