Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Monday, May 21, 2012

May 7th, 2012


Hey there Everybody!

Greetings from Chile and from a 21 year old now! It is weird to think that I am 21 years old... I am getting old! T.T It is also weird to think that it is so cold in May! Isn´t may supposed to be really hot or something like that? Haha... well, I had a pretty good birthday! It rained, and I had two little birthday parties.... very little, but it was nice. 2 parties because I was in an intercambio for part of the day, with another missionary, and then the other part of the day I was back in my sector. Other than a little cake and a birthday song from my comp (which was very nice) nothing was too different for my birthday. We worked! And I taught another English class. How fun! 

So the things here this past week were pretty slow, but are getting a little better I think. There are a few problems between some members and it seems like this ward is still as dead as always, but I think everything is getting a little better! Well, this last Saturday we recieved our transfers.... And.... 

I get to stay here in Llaima with Elder Lengruber! I am quite excited if I do say so myself! So I was thinking to myself... after this next cambio, that means that I will have spent a fourth of my mission here in Llaima... That is a long time! This ward feels like my home ward and I love the members here. It is going to be sad when I have to leave, but at least I can stay here for one more cambio! Elder Lengruber and I have a lot of things that we want to do here in Llaima and we still have a goal to help Yasna to be baptized. It has been hard to talk to her because she is working a lot, but I know she is going to get baptized soon! She is starting to get a really strong testimony! 

So Yesterday was pretty awesome! Roberto went to church early as usual, it was his birthday, and he had the opportunity to bless the Sacrament! I was so happy to bless the Sacrament with him and to explain to him everything and such. Roberto is so awesome! He turned 73 years old! We stopped by his house and gave him a picture of his baptizm and celebrated with his family for a little bit and then left into the rain to work. It rained a lot yesterday, and I dont feel too well today, I hope I am not getting sick! That would be quite lame! Sigh... I will be okay though! I know that the Lord will help me accomplish my goal as a missionary! 

Well, this next week is the Birthday of my Dad! I love you so much Dad! Happy Birthday on the 12th! Know that I will be thinking of you on your birthday! Thanks for always being a great example to me and a grand holder of the Priesthood! This next weekend is also Mother´s day! I am quite excited to talk to my loved ones! I love you all so much! I hope all is well back at home. I pray for you all always! Take care! I love you so much too Caralyn! Muah!  Take care everyone! Until next week!

Con mucho Amor, 
Elder Scott Garrett




No comments:

Post a Comment