Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Monday, September 10, 2012

September 10, 2012

Hey there everybody!

This past week flew by again... and I realized that today marks the 1 year and 1 month mark of my mission.... ugh... the mission is going by so fast! But I am so glad that I am enjoying every moment of it! This past week was the last week of my first cambio with Elder Hughes... so nothing is changing this cambio, we are staying here together so that I can finish training him for another 6 weeks! We are having a lot of success here! We had 6 investigators go to church, and this week we had a lot of people in church. When I first got here to this ward, there were only about 70ish people who showed up every week... but lately we have been having about 90 every week... but yesterday we had 118 people show up to church! That was an awesome site! ^_^ I haven´t seen that many people in one sacrament meeting here in Chile ever!

This last week we had a couple of fun things happen in our sector... first of all, we had a couple of small earthquakes, nothing too gigantic, but enough to shake a large house around sufficently! How fun! My companion didn´t even feel it, he was oblivious to what happened! Haha! But that´s okay, we forgive him! But not only have we started to have a bunch of small earthquakes (which could mean a big earthquake might happen soon!), but also during the week we had a Tsunami warning from some big earthquake that happened in Costa Rica? Or at least that is what the people have told us... but in the end a Tsunami never came by to eat us, so we survived! It is interesting living in an area that has threats of a Tsunami and that is affected by earthquakes and everything... isn´t Chile great! I love it! It is a new adventure every day!

I also had the opportunity to feel the responsibility of a district leader... I was able to do another baptizmal interview for a companionship in my district, and that was another spiritually uplifting experience! ^_^ I love doing the interviews and being able to meet other people and to hear their testimonies of the gospel! It´s awesome! I also visited some investigatores of some other missionaries because they wanted help from me... I feel quite humbled that other missionaries look up to me as a leader, but I´m just doing the best I can and I´m trusting in the Lord. Last night a set of missionaries in my district called me to ask me a question about setting weekly goals as a companionship... and a couple other times during the week I had the opportunity of giving guidance and council to the missionaries in my district, it is a fun experience! I´m just glad that there have not been any really big problems in my District! Well, Elder Hughes and I are just going to continue to work and keep up our success! Wish us luck!

I hope all of you back at home are doing well! Things are getting a little bit warmer every day here! And everyone is getting ready to celebrate the Independence Day of Chile, the 18th... but this year they are going to start the festivities on Thursday and party until next week! Haha, I´ve just heard that there are a lot of drunk people, so this should be interesting! I´m excited to experience my first and last 18th of September here! I´ve heard it is so great! I love you all so much! Take care everyone!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett







1 comment:

  1. Good stuff! It's getting colder here- getting warmer in Chile. Hmmm, why do they call it Chile? k bye

    ReplyDelete