Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Monday, September 24, 2012

September 18th, 2012


Hey there everybody!
 
¡Feliz día de independencia! ^_^
 
Sorry I wasn´t able to email yesterday, hope you didn´t think I died! Jajaja! But today is our P-day because working today would have been really silly, so our mission president changed p-day to today.
 
Wow, quite a celebration the Chileans have for thier Independance day.... They started celebrating last week on Friday and we have heard that they are going to continue celebrating for a few more days too! I don´t know how many empanadas we have eaten... We have eating a lot of free food in the past few days. Empanadas, Mote con Huesillo, Sopaipillas, and lots of other delicious treats! They just have been randomly been inviting us into thier houses to eat on a few occasions... but the amount of drunks in the streets has definitely increased... which I didn´t think was possible! But Chileans love to drink to celebrate! Oh goodness, it is fun to talk to the drunks :P  I´ll send some fun pictures of independance day next week, we had to use internet with our neighbors because Chile just shuts completely down for this day. It´s really weird seeing the streets so empty during the day.  But during the night all we have been hearing are drunks, loud music, and people partying. I´m so glad that I am a missionary and that I can experience lots of different things in a foreign land.
 
We had so little people in the church on Sunday... it was kinda really sad. Last week we had 118 people go to church and 6 investigators, but on Sunday we had 46 people in church and 1 investigator in church. Everyone was out of town or just being really lazy.... really depressing... But Elder Hughes and I had the opportunity to give talks on Sunday. It was a fun experience for us because we were both sick in the stomach. We ate some Papaya with our Converts and we all got sick... yucky! So climbing up and down stairs and hills on Sunday was super fun! ^_^
 
Elder Hughes and I are leading our Zone with the work that we are doing here in our sector, and now we have 4 people who have accepted baptismal dates for the 6th of October, so we are going to work super hard so that we can have some baptizms to start out the next month! The time with Elder Hughes seems to be going by so fast, I´m enjoying everyday with him, I have been truly blessed with a great companion. I´ve had the opportunity to grow so much as a person and as a missionary in the last cambio, and I know I will continue to learn and grow during the rest of this training period.
 
So, just continue to have us in your prayers, and I am always praying for all of you! Elder Hughes and I are going to continue to work hard and to do our part, and we know that the Lord will bless us. I hope you all have a great Independance Day! ^_^ Haha, Wish us luck! I love you all so much!
 
Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment