Hey there everybody!
This past week seemed to fly by so quickly! (Seems like I always say that now :P) Wow, time is just flying by. This is the last week I might be with Elder Hughes... we are going to recieve cambios tomorrow and we are going to have to do our cambios on Friday... so this time cambios are coming a little sooner than usual! Elder Hughes and I have been asking Presidente Martinez every week in our emails to him if we can stay together another cambio... but whatever happens happens I suppose! We´ll keep working hard no matter what though!
We ended this past week with 5 baptizmal dates set up for November! So already we have a few people that are getting excited to get baptized here in our sector! ^_^ It is so much fun teaching the gospel! It was actually pretty cold this last week, but luckily we haven´t had to deal with a lot of rain. The rain should just end! My goodness, it just doesn´t want to stop! :P
This past week I had a lot of great spiritual experiences. We have an investigator named Monica that has had a really really hard life, and we had the impression to go visit her. When we got there she was just about to leave, but was having a lot of problems with depression and such and she expressed to us that she was thinking about killing herself... who knows if she was leaving to take her final walk of her life?! But we showed up and we were able to listen to her and talk to her and she had a change in her heart and she wanted a blessing from me. That blessing was super powerful, and I know that I said the words that our Heavenly Father had for her. She felt a lot better after that and was smiling and laughing. It was a really unexpected experience and I´m glad that we were able to pay attention to the spirit and that we found her at the right time.
Another spiritual experience that we had is that all of our plans fell through and we had no idea what to do for the last hour of our day. So after thinking of something random that we could do, we decided to go visit a recent convert that was baptized earlier this year. While we were walking up a road, I had an impression to stop walking and to go contact a door that we had already contacted before... and I remember that we got rejected there. Well, we went and knocked on the door and we found an 18 year old named Brayan. Brayan is an Athiest that has a lot of questions about if God really exists or not. He wants to know that if he exists because he said if God does exist, it would mean that he needs to change his life. He understands that God is someone important, so he wants to find out if he exists. I was so happy to know that he was willing to accept us and to listen to our message. We taught about God and read with him the experience of King Lamoni´s Dad in the Book of Mormon and the power of prayer. He committed to pray to know if God lives, so I am sure he will get an answer! We are going to stop by his house later this week to meet up with him again.
So, for all of you who read this letter, please, magnify your callings, or at least do the little bit that we are asked to do as members with our callings! It would make missionary work here a lot smoother if the members would help out and do what they should! It is frusterating sometimes when our converts and the less active members feel like we, the missionaries, are the only ones trying to help and support them... and really we are practically the only ones that are trying to do that. It is sad to see that a lot of the people here are lazy sometimes, but I love them so much and they are at least helping out a little. Just do your part! ^_^
Earlier today, we also went to a small zoo that they have here in Concepcion, that was fun! But I love you all so much! I hope you are all well and that you know that I love you! Make sure that you are always reading in the scriptures and all that fun stuff! Take care! Until next week!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett
No comments:
Post a Comment