Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 8, 2012

 
Hey there everybody!

Finally I´m able to email you all! Jaja! I hope you are all doing well!

So, how did you all enjoy General Conference? I loved it! ^_^ I´ve always loved General Conference, but being super focused in on the gospel as a missionary has helped me to have a greater love and opportunity to hear the profets voice and to recieve personal revelation. Can you believe that announcement about the missionary work? I don´t know why, but when I heard that announcement I started crying with joy! I just love and respect this work so much! I was filled with the spirit! I know that this is the work of the Lord and that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet called by God. I took so many notes and I just loved hearing all the messages of conference. I watched the whole entire conference in Spanish, because I like Spanish a lot, but all of the other Gringos went and watched it in English. Haha, they tried peer pressuring me into watching it in English... haha! Yeah right! :P How many other times in my life will I have a chance to watch General Conference in Spanish? Who knows! At least one more time! That´s for sure!

So not only did we have General Conference, but after the second session on Saturday, we had 3 baptizms! ^_^ Elder Hughes, Brayan (a youth from our ward.... it was his first baptizm), and I were all able to baptize someone! I was able to confirm 2! We baptized María, Anna, and Francisco. We were going to have a fourth baptizm, but the other grandson in the end wasn´t quite prepared like the other two grandchildren of Maria, so we are going to wait a little longer with him and just prepare him a bit more! But it was such a great experience to have a baptism right after general conference. I felt the spirit so strongly! I was so incredibly happy! I´m so glad that Elder Hughes and I are working hard and that we are seeing some fruits of all of our efforts. This truly is the work of the Lord and it brings a happiness that is undescribable!

Well, not all the happened in the past few weeks has been sunshine and happiness. We´ve actually had a lot of rain these past few days... We thought that the rain had gone away! And we have been working a lot in a really poor part in our sector filled with drunks and druggies that just have really terrible lives. It is so sad to talk with them and to see how they are trapped in a huge addiction. It only made me want to help them out more! We also saw a huge group of chileans fighting with rocks, and poles and sticks... it was crazy! And then at the start of one week we found a Drunk guy and took a picture of him... and then a couple more days later we found him again super drunk, passed out and vomiting... he sounded like he was dying and we tried waking him up so that he wouldn´t die in his sleep... but he wouldn´t wake up.... it was really sad! I hope he is alright!

Well, we are getting close to the end of another cambio... it´s so weird to think about how fast the time has been going by here in Chile! I honestly can´t believe that I only have 10 more months in the mission left now... And in two days I will complete my 1 year in Chile anniverasary! Haha. But I´m glad that I still have so much time to work and help the people here in Chile. I know that this Gospel is true and only by living the principles in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ will bring our salvation. I love you all so much! I hope you are all well and doing great! Until next week!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett

























No comments:

Post a Comment