Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Monday, April 22, 2013

April 15, 2013

Hey there everybody!

I know I probably say this everyweek, but time just keeps going by so quickly here! SLOW DOWN!!!!! Haha, well, life goes on!

This last week was kinda crazy. It rained a few days, and then other days it has been pretty hot during the middle of the day and pretty cold during the morning and nighttime. But that is just how life is in Chile sometimes!

This week we have been working pretty hard with a few of our investigators to help them come to church so that they can progress and recieve the blessing of the gospel in their lives. We are getting a lot more help from the members in our ward, but in the end, none of our investigators showed up to church which was kinda really sad.... not depressing by any means, but it makes you feel sad in your spirit, you know? You really start to love the people you teach so much and all you desire is that they can feel the joy and happiness that you feel in your life in the gospel. We are teaching one family that is super awesome. It is a family of four and the little girl who is 11 years old is so smart and so willing to complete all of the invitations that we make for the family. She has already prayed to know if the book of Mormón is true and to know if Joseph Smith is a profet and she has recieved her answer already. She was so excited to go to church, and even a member family was going to go pick her up to go with her... but in the end the family wasn´t there... so we don´t know what happened. We are just going to help them out more so that they can feel the spirit in thier lives so that they can progress!

This last week I also had the opportunity to give a few blessings of health to people in the hospital. We recieved a call from a Sister in our ward that we needed to go to the hospital to bless her daugther who is pregnant, because she was really really sick. So we arrived and in the end, we were able to bless her and a few other pregnant women that were there in the same room that were having complications with their babies. It was really interesting to see that even though the other women were from other faiths, they could see us as servants of the Lord and they had the faith that we were able to help them out in there moments of need. It was a really spiritual experience.

We also had two opportunities this week to go to different wards in the stake to be able to do an "attack" in the ward with lots of missionaries and the members to go visit a lot of less active members to invite them back to church and to see how they are doing and to help them out. It was really special to see a lot of the members come together to help out in the mission work and to look for and visit the lost sheep in the fold of our Shepard. Yesterday I was paired up with Elder Lengruber, so that is why I have a picture taken with him! It was really fun to work with him again, even just for a day. We met some really interesting people who didn´t want to listen to a word we said, but we still enjoyed every moment of it. I love being a missionary, even if others don´t like what we share, but I know it´s true and that is why I keep on going!

Well, I hope you are all well and that all is well back at home! I can´t believe that in less than a month I´ll be able to talk to you all again my family! It felt like I just did though! Haha... I don´t know what I´m going to say because when I talk with you, I´ll be home in like 2 1/2 months! Haha.... until next week I suppose! I love you all so much! Take care!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett
 











No comments:

Post a Comment