First of all, you will have to forgive me that you won´t be recieving any pictures today, I forgot to bring the connector for my SD card.... so you will all just have to wait until next week! How fun! The suspense!!!!
Well, this past week went by really fast again.... I realized the other day that I only have like 16 weeks left in the mission field... O.o Yikes! I don´t like those thoughts at all! It just kinda slaps you in the face and giggles... oh time, you´re so funny sometimes! :P Sigh, it is a little depressing, but I´m at the same time filled with so much energy to work and to help as many people as I can in Chile! ^_^ I love being a missionary!
Welllllllllllllllll, moving on, this past week we have been seeing a lot of small miracles happening. We are finding a few great families to teach! I don´t know if I shared this story, but last weekend we ate some seafood for lunch, so I needed a mint or some smelly good stuff for my mouth so while we were walking around we decided to go into a small store to buy some mints. While we were there we shared a message with the owner of the store and she told us to come by a different day. It turns out that like 11 years ago she and her family had shared with missionaries. Well, this week we had 2 awesome lessons with them about the restauration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They are so interested in learning more and they are so kind and friendly! I´m so excited to be teaching them!
It seemed like the spirit was with us super strong this week, perhaps in preparation of General Conference? We invited so many people to hear the profets voice and to be able to know that God has restored his church in these last days and that revelation exists, etc. I love being able to testify that Profets exist, that they communicate with our Heavenly Father and that this is the only true church that exists in all the earth. I know that President Monson is a profet of God. We have also focused in a lot in our teachings about eternal families and eternal happiness. It´s funny that a lot of what you study turns out to be exactly what your investigators need.... well, that´s not funny at all! That is revelation! I love feeling the influence of the Holy Ghost in my life!
Well, although we invited so many people to go to General Conference, only one of our investigators showed up unfortunately.... It made me a little sad because they all missed out so much on feeling the spirit and recieving revelation. I loved General Conference, I learned so much and I felt so much happiness and peace for my life as a missionary and for what awaits me in a just a few months.... life. It was honestly really hard not to think of my future hearing almost all of the talks about eternal families, marraige, etc... but luckily they also talked so much about how every member needs to be a missionay and share the gospel! I think I´m just going to keep being a missionary forever :P But really it was so wonderful and spiritually uplifting to hear all of the messages that there were. I feel so spiritually energized and ready to just keep on going and to live life to its fullest, as a missionary now and in the near future. I recieved so much instruction from the Lord that it is so hard to take it all in! Haha, I´m just going to have to study my notes and start applying everything in my life. ^_^ I love General Conference! I really hope that all of you were able to pull something out of it and really enjoy it! I can´t believe that next general conference I´ll be back at home with my family! I love you all so much! I hope you are all well! Elder Swensen and I are just going to keep working hard here to help everyone come unto Christ! I know our saviour lives! Until next time!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrétt
No comments:
Post a Comment