Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hey everyone!


How has it been going?! I hope you are all well and fantastic! Well, Only 6 more days until I'm in Chile! O.o Crazy to think about, but I'm very excited. This past week seemed to fly, and I only hope that this week goes even faster so I can get to Chile! It's going to be weird not to hear much English when I get there, and my mind will probably explode from how fast Chilenos supposedly speak, but I'm excited. I know I'll be a little greeny who can barely communicate effectively, but I'm excited! ^_^ I'm so ready to get out of the MTC and get to Chile! It's been a great experience to be here, but I'm ready for real food, real teaching experiences, and being able to go somewhere a little bit different everyday!


So how was conference for everyone? I hope you were all able to watch the entire conference, and if not, at least a portion! I learned so much and it was a great opportunity to hear from our prophet and the apostles and other general authorities. My favourite talk was by President Uchtdorf during the Saturday Morning Session. He talked a lot about the universe, how small we are, and related it to one of my favourite parts in the Book of Mormon; King Benjamins Sermon. It's true that we are nothing, but to God we are everything. I get a great feeling that although in the Universe we are so stinking small, that to God we are his greatest creations and that he loves each and everyone one of us! We all have a purpose in his plan. I hope you were all able to get something out of Conference! I also found out that Prophets don't change thier ties between sessions! Haha, anything to stay awake, right? :P Nah, I didn't struggle with that at all!


Well, with one week left, I need to kick it into super high gear and learn as much more as I can! I'll be in Chile before I know it! I recieved my travel plans and I'll take a plane from Salt Lake City to L.A.. Then I will have about a 17 hour flight from L.A. to Santiago, Chile. Then I'll have one more flight from Santiago to Concepcion! It's almost here! ^_^


Mom, I also got a hair cut today... T,T I don't think it has been this short since I was about 8 years old! O.o No me gusta! Luckily my hair grows pretty fast, so soon enough I'll have it to a comfortable length. Haha. I'll take pictures for sure. I hope all is well at home.


It's definitely Fall time up here in Provo, I love the colors of the leaves.... sadly when I get to Chile it will be Spring/Summer time. So I'll miss out on my favourite seasons! Oh well, they will come in Chile!


Take care everyone! If you want to send me anything while I'm still here in the MTC, you better do it quick! :P Haha! I love and miss you all! I love you always Caralyn! Stay safe always!

Con mucho amor de la CCM,

~Elder Scott Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment