Scott's study area.
Lovely shower...yikes!
Scott's area.
Living quarters.
Living quarters.
John Deere...Dallin!
Elder Lusk trying to tame the wild ox....Scott..hahaha
Missionaries too busy preaching the Gospel to keep up on the housecleaning!
Hello everyone! Another week has passed, but this last week was the end of my first Cambio.... err, transfer! Haha! A whole 6 weeks in Chile... it doesn´t feel like I´ve been here that long at all. I´ve learned so much while I´ve been here, and I´m glad that I have a lot more to learn! It will definitely be a process, but I can do it! So with the end of one cambio, there are changes in where missionaries serve and changes with who you serve with... but since I´m still a newbie and getting trained for 12 weeks, I´ll be with Elder Lusk for another cambio in the same ward! Yes mom, I´m in a ward, not a branch. There are a lot of members and a lot of youth too. Like with any place, there are some really nice youth, and some that are a little annoying, but all is well here.
Speaking of the youth, this week the youth in this stake had a "mini mission" and for two days missionaries had an intercambio with the little missionaries. My companion had a little missionary, but I didn´t, so I was a companion with Elder Walker for 2 days. It was really fun. Elder Walker came to Chile at the same time as me, so it was fun for two greenies to go out and preach the gospel! We actually set a baptizmal date with one of my investigators, but she didn´t go to church, so now the date fell. Sad day! And I was so certain she was going to come to church because she was so excited about it! I don´t know why she didn´t come. This week we also played some soccer with one of our investigators who plays on a college soccer team here in Chile. He was pretty good!
The work is going well here, and with a new cambio, my companion and I really want to work hard to set this ward on fire before this next cambio is over. We are focused and working as much as we can every day to find new people to teach. We do a lot of street contacting and knocking doors to try to find new people, and we try to ask for refferals from everyone we meet. Sometimes the referals are really good... and other times non existant or some crazy drunk person. The drunks here are hilarious, and there are a lot of them. Yesterday we entered a house of a referal... he was a drunk and could barely walk. He wanted us to sit down and drink and smoke with him, but when we tried to leave he started to cry... we left anyways, in a very polite fashion though.
Aside from that, we are just working hard and trying to find new people to teach. I hope all is well in the States. My spanish is coming along a little more every day, and I´m so thankful for the power of prayer in my life, especially as a missionary! Pray is super powerful! I wish you all a happy thanksgiving here! There is kinda a thanksgiving here... it´s called "El Dia de Acion de gracias" I hope you all are well! I love you all! I love you too Caralyn!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett
No comments:
Post a Comment