Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 14, 2011

Hello everyone!

Another week has passed, and wow does P day seem to sneak up! Every day does because the days never feel like they are going to end, and then BAM! The day is over and it all starts over again! That´s just the life of the mission I suppose.

So how is everything at home? I hope all is well with everyone! Things have been great here in Chile. I definitely miss gallons of milk and inexpensive cereal! Haha!

This past week we didn´t find too many people, but we tried doing a lot of contacting with little luck! We have some really great investigators though. The family of Maria Luisa and Felix. They have 3 sons, ages 20, 21, and 22. They are so receptive to the message and the parents have been coming to church the past two weeks. The kids really want to but they have had work the past few weeks on sunday so far, so hopefully soon! I always leave thier house with a big smile on my face because I feel the spirit so strong during our lessons! It´s been a pretty great week overall.

On Wednesday Elder Cook from the Quorum of the 12 visited our stake here in Chile! It was awesome! He talked about the importance of Family Home Evening and preparing to enter the temple! Make sure you are all having your family home evenings! I´m guessing they are rather important! Also, as missionaries we had the opportunity to listen to the second counsoler in the presiding bishopric of the general authorities. He bore a strong testimony and pumped us all up for the mission some more!

Every day it is still rather weird to see fences around everything, I don´t think there will be a day that this isn´t weird to me. Oh well, that will be my life for awhile longer.

Hmmm.... what else happened this week.... Well, officially I´ve been in Chile for one month! Woot! It doesn´t seem like it at all, time is rather weird on the mission in case I haven´t mentioned that before. So, how is everyone doing at home? I hope all is well with everyone, whether it is with work, school, or just life!

This next week might be a little bit interesting... we might have intercambios with the youth here, every missionary might be with a youth for 3 days O.o I´m kinda hoping we don´t do this, our house is so small even with 4 missionaries.... we have like the worst house in the mission, that´s what I think anyways!

I´m starting to understand a little more of what people say everyday, good thing I´m a pretty patient person! These next few months or however long it takes to get spanish down will always be very hard, but I know with faith and working hard every day, I will learn! I´m doing my best everyday, you can count on that! Besides that, not much has been happening this week. Just work work, and more work! I get home everyday very tired! I suppose that´s a good thing! I just wish there was more time to sleep! But somehow I make it through everyday! It will be a lot easier once I get spanish down, but I´m enjoying every moment of learning. I know I´ll learn spanish, but it will be a process, as with learning anything! So I just keep my head up and know I´ll make it!

I love and miss you all! Thanks for all your love and support! Take care always! And Caralyn, I love you so much! Thanks for being an amazing girlfriend to me! Hehe!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Scott Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment