Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nov. 7th, 2011

Hello Everyone!

So I´ve been in Chile for a month now! Crazy!!!! Time is flying by already, before I know it, It will be Christmas! Things are going great here.

This past week has been a very difficult week for me. I got sick halfway through the week and one day I couldn´t work at all because I felt so sick. I had a fever, my stomach wasn´t doing well, but don´t worry, I´m okay now.

Happy Halloween again! Hahaha. On Halloween we had a big mission conference where all the missionaries from our mission met in custom tshirts and we had competitions and played soccer and had relay races and stuff. It was fun!

We´ve met some really cool people prosyliting and working. And in fact, I had my first Baptism this last Saturday! It was awesome and I didn´t mess up or anything! Most of all, I´m glad I had the opportunity to help one of God´s children get on the path to Eternal Life. She is an 11 year old girl, Rocio. Before I baptized her she told me not to hold her under the water too long. I don´t blame her, the water was gross and greenish because the pipes had rust in them or something, but all went well!

Guess what else finally happened here for me? I had a completo! And guess what?!?!?! They really are only one dollar! That´s right! $1 only! So if I wanted two it would only be $2! Haha.

Oh Chile, it´s filled with so many experiences. Aside from being really sick and having a baptizm, My companion and I also destroyed a house for service one day! It was super fun! We have 4 more baptizm dates set, so the work is really moving along, and hopefully it will continue to get better.

I love you all so much. Yes, I have recieved letters from you Mom and meh family, but I haven´t been able to send you all a letter yet, so be patient! I love you all so much! Oh, and Caralyn? I forgot to tell you.... Happy Our Hope Day on the 25th of October! I love you so much!

Anyways, things are great here, this next week we get to hear from a general authority.... who knows who it could be!? It could even be one of the big 3! So I´m pretty excited! I love you all so much! Take care always!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Scott Garrett


Taking down a house!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN (orange style)!


Homemade sprinkler...super fancy!


This is 1 completo...and it only cost $1! BUT...if you buy 2 completos it will only cost $2!



Baptism for Rocio!

No comments:

Post a Comment