Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10, 2012

Hey there everybody!

So here I am in Los Angeles... Chile! Wow it is hot here! The center of the mission is the hottest area during the summer, so how lucky am I to get sent here so I can feel the burn! :P Luckily it has only been a super hot one day because I somehow managed to drag the rain and clouds with me here to this sector. Today it is very overcast, so I was saved once again! So I´m here with Elder Hinckley. He is from Provo and President Hinckley was his Grandfathers cousin, so he is related to President Hinckley a little bit! He is a very interesting guy, he loves hunting, weight lifting, anything outdoors, he wants to be a fireman/paramedic, and I´m his second comp. He´s really nice!

So, the work needs a new jumpstart here in Galvarino (the name of my sector)... honestly when I got here I was shocked. The Elders that have been here in the past year have done a downright terrible job to take care of this sector. I´m not sure exactly what they have done here in this sector because the Area Book, that we should always fill out after lessons to be able to keep track of the progress of our investigators so that other missionaries could easily see the work that is being done in the area, is in stage: CRITICAL. It is so messy, so unorganized, and no one has written anything. We only have like 3 real investigators, and we can´t find one of them. This past week I feel like I was just doing Home Teaching more than anything.... which isn´t my responsibility as a missionary at all. It looks like I´m going to have to help this sector turn around completely and I need to help Elder Hinckley get a little more trained. It´s really flat here, I miss climbing up hills all day and seeing the ocean. This sector just reminds me of a more ghetto version of La Verkin! Haha! :P I do love the sector though, it´s just going to be a fun process to be able to change the things here. Everyone keeps asking me how much time I have in the mission, and when I tell them 16 months they tell me that I´m old and that I´m almost done... That´s really weird to think about! The time is going by so fast!

Well, I really don´t have much to say for this week and I forgot my little USB adaptor for my SD card, so I can´t send pictures this week either... so you´ll just all have to wait for the next week! I love you all so much! I hope you are enjoying the cold while I take on the heat! There is so much in this sector to change so that the work of the Lord can progress. I know that things will get better and that we´ll baptize, I have no doubt about that. Nothing is going to stop me! I know that the Lord will help us! I love you all! It´s almost Christmas Time!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment