Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Friday, December 7, 2012

November 26, 2012

Hey there everybody!

This past week seemed to go by pretty fast! It didn´t feel like Thanksgiving really happened at all, Elder Hughes and I tried to make it the best that we could though! We cooked up 7 packages of noodles and 10 eggs to have a nice Thanksgiving feast! We didn´t feel to wonderful afterwards, and then when we went to lunch we ended up having spaghetti too! jajajaja, it was really funny and we were all noodled out after that!

This past week we were able to see some more progress in our sector with some of the members we have been working with. Preach my Gospel gave us a hint on how we can recieve more references from the members, so we tried it to see what we could do! In the end we recieved 52 references from members, that is 51 more references than we usually recieve. And not only that, we were able to find a few new investigators thanks to the members! Woot! :) So the things are getting a bit easier for us here in our sector, we need more people to teach! So we are finding more people to teach!

We have also been going around with our list of the members so that we can try to visit all the members, innactive or active... and to see if some of the inactives want to come back to church. It turns out that a lot of people on our 900+ list of members don´t live in our sector anymore.... thanks to that there are a lot of marines that live in our sector and after a few years they move... and a lot of the directions existed... but they don´t now because the houses were destroyed in the earthquake, so this past week we were cleaning up the list of the members to find out who really exists still or not. Quite a fun work!

This past week was a little stressful too because it turns out that maybe we could have had two more baptizms, but the parents of one of our investigators neglected to tell us that the dad returned home so that he could baptize them... but now he works every single weekend, so we need to find a moment to talk to them and set a day during the week to have the baptizm. This is probably the last week Elder Hughes and I will be together... and we don´t think that they will be baptized this week, probably next week. If I´m here in the sector still or not the next cambio, I´ll be happy either way because I was able to teach Ignacio and Francisca the gospel! :) It´s fun to be a missionary and to be able to preach the gospel to the people! I know that this is the true church! I feel it everyday as I teach with my comp and the spirit!

Well, it is almost December too.... weird... I´m still not used to it being hot during this time in the year. All Elder Hughes and I know is that we are getting tired of all the spiders that we are finding in the church, in the house, etc. There are so many spiders! Yuck! We cleaned the church on Saturday and we went on a spider killing adventure. We killed at least 14 of the same poisones spider (El Rincón) in the primary room. That spider is so deadly that it can kill someone in a day! I don´t like spiders one bit... but there is an opposition in all things, right? I would just rather not have spiders though.... yucky!

Well, work work and more work... working in the Lord´s vineyard. I don´t think there is much someone could compare to working as a missionary. It´s amazing, I love it! I miss you all very much, but I´m glad that I still have more time to be a full time missionary to help others come into Christ! I´m looking forward to seeing my fam on Christmas! Take care everyone!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett

 




No comments:

Post a Comment