Hey there everybody!
We are almost to the end of the world and the time of the year to remember the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Honestly it doesn´t feel like Christmas time at all here in Chile, I´m looking forward to cold weather next year for Christmas. It´s hot here in Chile.... it´s summer time! Jajajaja. Well, to help it seem a little more chilly for christmas, I made some paper snowflakes and put them up in the house. The other Elders gave me a weird look for doing that, but I don´t care! ^_^ Hehe, I´ve got the Christmas Spirit!
Elder Hinckely and I are hitting it hard here despite the many difficulties that we are facing. We are doing our part and even though during the week we weren´t able to see too much progress, at the end of the week we recieved a miracle in our sector! Yesterday at church a member family brought a neice to church, Antonella, and we went and met with them after church at their house to see how she liked church and to visit the family. She had been going to an Evangelico church, but she said that she feels like this is the only true church and that she loved it because she felt something special inside that she has never felt in any other church! ^_^ I´m so grateful that we have been blessed with her and that she just came to us basically. We had our first lesson with her right then and there and she accepted a baptizmal date in January with ease! She wants to be baptized and confirmed a member! She is so excited to learn and willing to follow our saviour. We were also able to put a baptizmal date for another person named Andres for a day in January. So the things are getting a little better for us here and we are being blessed for our diligence despite the difficulty of the work here.
This past week Elder Hughes called me with some interesting news that impacted me pretty hard... well, it made me think and ponder. He said that an Hermano in Talcahauno Centro died from a heart attack. He was a very healthy man, not too old either.... but he has been innactive for about 20 years now. His wife is very active and I love that family so much! But the sad part for me is that my last week in Talcahuano Centro, Elder Hughes and I tried sharing a message with that hermano... but he didn´t want anything to do with the gospel. He always prayed with us, but he just never wanted to hear a message because something in his past in the church happened and he hardened his heart.... and for 20 years he has been innactive. I remember in my last visit with him he said that he still has plenty of time to come back to the church and he´ll come back when he feels ready... and now he´s dead... it was a strong thing to hear and reflect about, and the same goes for Elder Hughes. It just goes to show that no one really knows when their life is going to come to an end. I know there is a big hubub about the "end of the world" this friday... at least here in Chile, but I know it won´t happen on the 21st because it says in the bible that only God knows when it will happen. but also like it says in Alma 34:32-34 today is the day that we need to prepare ourselves to meet God. We need to be prepared temporally for any type of disaster, but we also need to be very prepared spiritually. We never know when our lives in this earth will end.
This past week I also had an opportunity to have an intercambio with Elder Santos. It was strange, but also I can see that I´ve forgiven him for the things he did while we were companions. We got along just great... but he seemed to just snore a lot louder than ever before! Haha. But whatever, the work is progressing here in our sector, so that is all that matters! I´m happy, I love the work of the Lord, and I´m doing my part! I love you all so much! I hope you are all well and that you remember the reason for the season!
con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett
We are almost to the end of the world and the time of the year to remember the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Honestly it doesn´t feel like Christmas time at all here in Chile, I´m looking forward to cold weather next year for Christmas. It´s hot here in Chile.... it´s summer time! Jajajaja. Well, to help it seem a little more chilly for christmas, I made some paper snowflakes and put them up in the house. The other Elders gave me a weird look for doing that, but I don´t care! ^_^ Hehe, I´ve got the Christmas Spirit!
Elder Hinckely and I are hitting it hard here despite the many difficulties that we are facing. We are doing our part and even though during the week we weren´t able to see too much progress, at the end of the week we recieved a miracle in our sector! Yesterday at church a member family brought a neice to church, Antonella, and we went and met with them after church at their house to see how she liked church and to visit the family. She had been going to an Evangelico church, but she said that she feels like this is the only true church and that she loved it because she felt something special inside that she has never felt in any other church! ^_^ I´m so grateful that we have been blessed with her and that she just came to us basically. We had our first lesson with her right then and there and she accepted a baptizmal date in January with ease! She wants to be baptized and confirmed a member! She is so excited to learn and willing to follow our saviour. We were also able to put a baptizmal date for another person named Andres for a day in January. So the things are getting a little better for us here and we are being blessed for our diligence despite the difficulty of the work here.
This past week Elder Hughes called me with some interesting news that impacted me pretty hard... well, it made me think and ponder. He said that an Hermano in Talcahauno Centro died from a heart attack. He was a very healthy man, not too old either.... but he has been innactive for about 20 years now. His wife is very active and I love that family so much! But the sad part for me is that my last week in Talcahuano Centro, Elder Hughes and I tried sharing a message with that hermano... but he didn´t want anything to do with the gospel. He always prayed with us, but he just never wanted to hear a message because something in his past in the church happened and he hardened his heart.... and for 20 years he has been innactive. I remember in my last visit with him he said that he still has plenty of time to come back to the church and he´ll come back when he feels ready... and now he´s dead... it was a strong thing to hear and reflect about, and the same goes for Elder Hughes. It just goes to show that no one really knows when their life is going to come to an end. I know there is a big hubub about the "end of the world" this friday... at least here in Chile, but I know it won´t happen on the 21st because it says in the bible that only God knows when it will happen. but also like it says in Alma 34:32-34 today is the day that we need to prepare ourselves to meet God. We need to be prepared temporally for any type of disaster, but we also need to be very prepared spiritually. We never know when our lives in this earth will end.
This past week I also had an opportunity to have an intercambio with Elder Santos. It was strange, but also I can see that I´ve forgiven him for the things he did while we were companions. We got along just great... but he seemed to just snore a lot louder than ever before! Haha. But whatever, the work is progressing here in our sector, so that is all that matters! I´m happy, I love the work of the Lord, and I´m doing my part! I love you all so much! I hope you are all well and that you remember the reason for the season!
con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett
No comments:
Post a Comment