Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Monday, March 18, 2013

March 11, 2013

Hey there everybody!!!

I really can´t believe how fast this last week passed by... I feel like my time here in the mission is just going to end far too quickly... but I´m loving every moment of it.

I´m really excited for when the weather is going to decide to change it´s mind and start being cold... why is it so hot here in Los Angeles? It is an exciting adventure every day being able to leave in the heat to go work! But I am so ready for the cool wet weather to arrive here in Chile.

This last week was a lot of fun, and a lot of really random things happened. Well, for one thing, yesterday while we were at church we had 3 investigators show up, so that was a happy site! But then while we were in our Gospel Principles class, there was a man there that always goes to church that I´ve talked to before and I was almost certain that he is a member... but it turns out that he isn´t a member! Haha... and it turns out that he is really interested in knowing about the church and he had a lot of questions for us! In the end, we were able to visit him in the evening after church and he is an amazing investigator. If I had known before hand that he wasn´t a member we would have been teaching him already! Haha! How silly!

With another one of our investigators that is preparing to be baptized, we are seeing a few miracles in her life. Carolina wants to be baptized, but her husband is an alcoholic and he doesn´t really like when people mention baptizm... or at least that is what I think. He is really fun for us, with all of the things that he has said in the past about who he is. He claims to be "Job" from the bible... but call me crazy, I don´t believe him. :P The good news is that he has been soberish this entire last week so we could make some progress with Carolina... but her brother is really sick and is probably going to die, so that has complicated the situation. But we are pressing forward with faith and the spirit so everything will turn out just fine!

In the ward there is another person who leaves on the mission... Tomorrow. That bumps up the number of missionaries in our ward from 5 to 6, and there is another sister in the ward who has started her papers to be able to leave on the mission. The ward is being so blessed for the service of all of these missionaries! It is amazing to see the excitement in the youth in the ward and that they are all excited to be able to go on missions in the future. Even though the ward is passing for some trails, I know that things are only going to progress. We just need to always be doing our part to help out in the Lord´s work! Our Heavenly Father requires a willing mind and a dedicated heart in his work! I´m glad that I can be doing that.

This past week we were also able to participate in our Ward´s talent show. It was a lot of fun! Elder Swensen and I thought of 2 fun ideas to do, and everyone loved our acts! We first sang a hymn with fake hilium balloons. We sang with funny voices and the members loved that. Our second act we put on a small magic show! We did some mind reading tricks, card tricks, and Elder Swensen showed off his magic skills! I´m really enjoying my time with Elder Swensen, we have grown pretty close in these past 2 weeks and it is weird to think that we have already completed half of this cambio already. It turns out that we have a lot in common and he is a lot less awkward now, I think he just needed time to be able to get comfortable with the missionary field and to be with a crazy comp like me! ^_^ Haha. Anyways, our magic act was a lot of fun and we were able to enjoy the expressions of the members and our investigators who went to the talent show.

Well, aside from a lot of little miracles that have been happening every day, nothing too huge has been happening here. I´m just happy and more than content to be a missionary to be able to preach the gospel. When I think of home it just feels weird... I honestly can´t imagine myself being back in the U.S. Chile feels like my home even though I miss you all so much. I´ll be excited when I get to come home in about 5 more months, but until then I´m going to try to avoid those thoughts of home.... IT´S JUST SO WEIRD!!!! haha. My normal life is the missionary life! Anyways, I love you all so much! I hope you are all doing well and that you enjoy your spring break!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrétt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment