Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Saturday, March 2, 2013

March 2, 2013

 
Hey there everybody!

Sorry that I wasn´t able to write yesterday, it was a crazy day! I hope that you aren´t too worried!

Anyways, so first off, Cambios!!! Usually I wait until the end to inform you about my cambios, but almost 2 weeks have passed by since writing, so I´ll just get right to the good stuff. Well, I get to stay in my sector here in Los Angeles, for at least one cambio more. I love it here even if it is still pretty hot. But it has started to cool down a little bit... I can feel the fall time coming in my bones! Well, my comp, Elder Manzanos got changed out of the sector after only one cambio... that was a really random cambio given that I´ve been in the sector for more time than he has. I enjoyed my time with him a lot, but I´m also glad for a fresh start here in the sector, because he was holding back the progress for not being so obedient... sad... but now I´m here with a new missionary that only has 6 months in the mission, that has been in the mission office for about half of his time here in Chile. He is so excited to be back out in the mission field working and it looks like I get to retrain him a little bit because he is very unexperienced, but he has the spirit so I know things will work out perfectly!

My new comp is named Elder Swensen. He is super great and super excited to work and to learn and everything. He is a little socially awkward, but that´s okay! It is kinda awkward sometimes, but I jsut get to live with that, but I don´t have a single problem with him! He is super kind and looks for the good in everyone. So we are going to see what we can do in 4 weeks... well 3 weeks more together. This cambio is only 4 weeks long instead of the usual 6 weeks... so it is going to fly by so quickly! We have already seen a few miracles together, it seems like everyday something amazing happens. So I´m quite excited to see what the Lord can do to help us in his work. I love missionary work so much!

The things here in the ward of Galvarino are growing a little more everyday, we are getting excited because in a week more this ward is going to have a 6th missionary in the mission field during this time! What a great blessing for the ward and the families of those missionaries. We are also getting a lot of support from the members to help us out with the missionary work. That is going to be the key to everything that we are doing, we need the help of the members so that the spirit in the sector can skyrocket! I´m so happy to see that the ward is getting over the little problems that supposedly have been passing and that everyone is getting more united and we are able to have activities to help the members grow in the faith. So, that is the update on what´s been happening. We are in search of investigators while we try to work with the few people that we are teaching. But we are going to find someone who really is ready to recieve the gospel and baptize them! Who knows, maybe even a big family! That would be super! :) So wish us luck!

In other news, yesterday we had a huge mission activity. It was so much fun! We went to a small city called Renaico and we rented a huge soccer stadium and played lots of games, relaxed, played, played, and I played some more! It was so much fun to relax and just play. It was super great to see a lot of my old comps who are still here in the mission. It was amazing to see the progress that my kid, Elder Hughes, has been having with everything. He is growing up!!! I´m so proud of him! Is this what it is like to be a parent? They just grow up so fast, right? Jajajaja. As a zone we presented a talent... we all danced the EFY dance, it was a lot of fun! On the bus ride home a bunch of us sang hymns for about an hour and a half, we left with a great spirit and exhausted.

I love you all so much! I hope that you are all doing great! I hope that you have all accepted the Book of Mormon Challenge, to read it in 3 months! I promise you that it will be more than worth your time! The Lord always completes with his promises! :)

I also want to extend the invitation to read the book of mormon to all the young men in the ward, especially those that are in the Priest Quorum (those future missionaries! WOOT!) Reading the book of mormon and gaining a firm testimony about it will help you to prepare to serve a mission and when you are in the mission field, you will be able to really understand the importance of it in your own lives, so you will be able to know how to help other people. So you priests, please take the Challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 3 months and find out what your Heavenly Father can teach you. Who knows, maybe you´ll find a bigger purpose in your life and grow immensely in the Spirit! Just do it! You´ll thank me and more importantly God, our Saviour, and the Holy Ghost in your life and you´ll appreciate so much more!

I love you all so much! Take care everyone!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrétt
 
And why yes, Elder Phelps and I did make carvings out of Spam!!! :) 
 

 

 
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment