Hey there everybody!
This past week flew by really quickly... time doesn´t seem to want to slow down for me! But, I´m just making the best of the time that I have left here in Chile. I´m going to miss this place so much when I have to return home!
Well, weather update... It is still hot but things are starting to cool down a little bit. At least in the mornings it is nice and chilly! It makes working all day in the sun a little more bearable. Now I can go outside without sunscreen on and I won´t burn! So things are starting to change here! The leaves are even starting to change colors a little bit! Woot! I´m so excited for the Fall Time to get here! ^_^
This week has been pretty awesome! Elder Swensen and I were able to talk with our bishop about some of the goals that he has in the ward and he has a goal to have at least 130 people in church every week. Last week and for the past few months, we have had a maximum of 56 members in the church... but we did all we could to change that and to help the members get more excited about visiting the less active members and this week we were happy to see that 74 showed up to church! WOOT!!!! ^_^ It was so wonderful! We are also helping prepare a few fathers of families to recieve the priesthood! We have also been working hard this past week to help the Seminary program and to help all the youth understand the importance of going to Seminary. We were able to help one more youth show up to Seminary. That´s an increase from 2 people to 3! Not to mention a lot of youth promised that they would start showing up this week to Seminary too, so hopefully that continues to grow. We are working so hard to help the ward out and to prepare the land for the two other missionaries that will be coming to the ward. That will be 4 missionaries in the ward! Woot! This week we will find out our cambios... I really have no clue if I´ll be staying or going, but all I know is that I have been enjoying my time with Elder Swensen. We are working so well together!
This past week we have been working so hard to help our investigators find the truth and to feel the spirit. With one of our investigators I´m so happy for the progress we have made this week. Since I´ve been her she has never wanted to pray in the lessons... and this past week we were able to change that. I had the idea to invite her to say a prayer like a little kid... or in other words, I would say the things in the prayer and she would repeat my words. She did it!!!! Hahaha! It was so much fun and rather silly because she is like 50 years old, but still, I was so happy that she is starting to pray with us. We are working hard with the members to help our investigators out so that they can progress.
We have seen some miracles happen in the Lord´s work here through the members. A few members are starting to share the gospel and it makes finding prepared people so much easier! ^_^ The work really progresses so much more when the members take the initiative to share the gospel with the people they know! Make sure you are all sharing the gospel and sharing your testimony in any moment that you can! You´ll be so blessed and you´ll feel the spirit so strongly in your lives!
Well, I love you so much, it is so fun and amazing to see the work of the Lord progressing here in the Ward. I love the mission! It is so amazing! You´d have to live it and love it to understand it! I hope you are all doing well! Until next week! See ya!
con mucho amor,
Elder Garrétt
(I took a picture of the expression all missionaries make when people randomly hang up on you.... Thanks Elder Phelps!)
No comments:
Post a Comment