Hey there Everybody!!!
Well, here I am again, another quick week has passed!!!
I´m here again in my first sector and it is really weird to be honest. I love it and I love the people here and it is great to see that everyone was really happy to have me here in the Ward again. A few of my investigators from when I started the mission are still my investigators now, and some of the people who I taught are members now! I´ve been able to catch up with a lot of the members and together we are starting to work well to edify God´s kingdom here in Esmeralda. In the end it was a little hard to have to leave Galvarino after so many months, but I am already used to living here in Esmeralda, so it wasn´t a completely new change.
And here I am with my second son in the mission, Elder Miranda. He is from Peru, my first Peruvian comp. And only my 4th latin american comp. Wow! He questions why I speak with an argentine accent if I´m from the U.S.... it makes me laugh! I just told him that I´m an "Argengringo". That´s the best and simplest way to explain why a gringo in Chile talks like someone from Argentina.
Well, he is a newbie in the mission but has a lot of desires to work and to progress and to help our investigators, I´m so happy for that! He is so willing to learn how to do all of the things we do as missionaries, and I´m so happy to teach him and to help him progress. We don´t have many investigators at all in this moment, so this next week will be a lot of us searching for families to teach. I want to help so many people!!! I love the mission so much.
It´s pretty chilly here in Talcahuano, just how I remember it from last year during this time, but I love it and it isn´t stopping me one bit from working as hard as I can. Yesterday apart from seeing my family and being able to talk with them for mother´s day and for my dad´s birthday, (I love you all so much, it was so great to see you all!!!!) I was also able to see a missionary from this ward who is serving in Peru that my trainer and I reactivated when I first came to Chile. He thanked me for helping him come back to church, and now he is in the Lord´s work too! :) That was an amazing experience, we never know what impact we will have in the lives of others!
Well, today we had interviews with Presidente Martinez, I always love my interviews with him. We talked about how I´ve been in the mission, spiritual experiences, and just how amazing the Lord´s work is. I value every moment I have to talk with him. I cried a lot bearing my testimony to him, I felt the spirit very strongly with him... I´m really close to him in the mission. He thanked me for all that I´m doing as a missionary and that he has been grateful to have known me and to have had me in the mission. He just wants me to be me always and to be the happy me that I am to help others! I agree! I always want to be crazy and happy! :)
So, that´s all that´s been happening! Also, I´m including pictures of the same house where we are, but it had a small upgrade... it is still a little shack, but a lot better from when I arrived! I love you all so much! Until next week!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrétt
No comments:
Post a Comment