Well, another week past, and this time I´m writing you all soaking wet! A huge storm is passing through Talcahuano and Concepción for a few days.... so I´ll be soaking wet for a few days I suppose! ^_^
So, Elder Miranda and I are still in our long and never ending search for new people to teach... I love it! You get to talk to so many people... I just feel bad that my comp hasn´t had a full day of just teaching people yet.... at least he is learning good skills with contacting so that in the future he will be a machine!
So until now, we really only have 2 investigators that are progressing, and they both are just in a standstill more than anything. One of them is named Sylvia. She is the mom of a recent convert here in the ward and she´s gone to church I don´t know how many times! Haha. She loves the missionaries and she loves learning about the gospel. She just won´t take the decision to get baptized.... she is just scared so we are trying to help her out so that she will be able to grow in her testimony. So really should could decide in any moment and that would be awesome, we´ve been praying so much for her.
Our other investigator is someone that I was teaching when I first arrived in Chile. Now all she wants is to be baptized and progress... she just has to move out of where she is living because she is living with her boyfriend and she doesn´t want to marry him... (I hope I haven´t told you all this before!) So we are trying to help her find a new place to live and to keep her righteous desires growing so that she can move on with her life. We´ve tried teaching her boyfriend, but he doesn´t want a thing with the church.. it´s a tough situation.
All this week we were doing random service projects with the member and helping out with the things in the ward. The key to if we are going to be able to help out the ward is to get the whole ward unified and working with us in the missionary work. This ward has gone through some tough times in the past, so things are a little tough, but Elder Miranda and I want to help so much to be able to help our Lord´s Kingdom grow here in this sector. I know that with the Lord´s help we will be able to do it!
So, aside from that, Elder Miranda and I are enjoying so much every day in the missionary work. We are pretty unified and I´m so happy to have Elder Miranda as my comp. He is so willing to learn and to grow, and we´ve been growing so much together. Just one night Elder Miranda fell on top of me... he broke the bunk bed, so later I tied him to his bed with some string! It was funny in the morning when he tried to get out of bed. Haha.
So, the work moves on. I love you all so much! I hope you are all well!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrétt
(Mom and Dad... P.s. Sorry if I don´t write next week... I might be down in Temuco to go say goodbye to people, so I might not have enough time to write! I love you all so much!)
No comments:
Post a Comment