Hey there everybody!!!
Well, another week gone, and now I´m moving on from this sector to what will be my last sector I´m sure... So the adventure in the mission field continues! As I write, I am filled with emotion and lots of memories of this sector of Galvarino... finaly it is starting to get cold here just as I am leaving... The winter time is finally coming to greet me! ^_^
Well, this past week was a really nice week.... it went by so quickly with our normal district meetings, a Mission Conference, weekly planning, english class, etc. There were so many activities that the only time we weren´t doing a thing was sleeping! It was so fast paced and we were able to get a lot done with our investigators.
We had a lot of success in the ward this past week... aside from my comp going on a "YOU HAVE TO DO THIS OR ELSE" spree with some of the lessons.... he doesn´t have patience with the people we teach....but it is an interesting learning experience. Nothing gets done if you don´t teach with love! ^_^ But we were able to leave a lot with the members to get them excited about sharing the gospel and the things in this ward are finally starting to take root in the hearts of the members. So the work of the Lord in this sector will finally grow into something huge now! ^_^ I´m more than happy to have helped with that! We were also able to put 8 baptizm dates for the near future with our investigators, so hopefully Elder Swensen will be able to do everything well. He is going to recieve a lot of responsability really soon... he´s going to train a newbie, and be district leader for the first time.... He´s really nervous, but I´m sure he will do well!
This past week was also my Birthday! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! ^_^ It poured on my birthday! I was really happy about that! I love the rain!!!!! It was a really nice present. And aside from that, Elder Swensen was able to throw a surprise party for me with a really nice family that I love so much. We reactivated them, and two sisters in the family are doing their mission papers to go on a mission! Woot! It was a wonder birthday and we ate a lot of food, there were presents and such, it was just wonderful. I really wasn´t expecting it at all. I was so happy.
We had some really great lessons too with our investigators and some people came asking to be baptized, so that was pretty awesome. This really is the Lord´s work and he is constantly preparing people to recieve the gospel. Sometimes I just laugh because God does things so much better than we do! ^_^ We are also in the process of helping a family be completed in the gospel. The father in the family is a drunk, the mom is super nice but not a member, and two kids are active members. We were finally able to get the father to listen to us and he really has desires to change his life because the family is going through some hard times. The came to church and stayed for all the hours and they really liked it... so we will see what we can do to help them get to the temple one day! ^_^ The gospel really does change lives!!!
Well, here is my cambio....
First: I´m going to continue as District Leader...
Second: I´m going to be training.... AGAIN....
and Third: I´m going to go back to my very first sector in the mission in Talcahuano, Esmeralda.
I´m filled with lots of thoughts and feelings.... but they are all good. I´m really excited to train and to be able to go to my first sector. I´m going to hit the ground running there this time because I know everyone and I know the sector. It´s going to be great. So, here I am in my last 12 weeks of the mission... how the time flies! I love you all so much! God loves us always!!!! Take care! Happy Mother´s day Mom, and happy birthday Dad on mothers day! I can´t wait to see you all family!!!
Con mucho amor, Elder Garrett
No comments:
Post a Comment