Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13, 2012

Hey there everybody! 

Well, another week has past... and I have officially past the one year mark of my mission! I didn´t do anything out of the ordinary to celebrate my one year mark... but I woke up at 2:30 in the morning feeling really sick, so I had a fun first day of the second half of my mission walking around with a really upset stomach, climbing all the stairs and the hills here, but it was wonderful!

Elder Hughes and are are still working as hard as ever. It takes quite a bit of energy to teach someone every aspect of the mission work as well as being a translator and private spanish tutor. My kid needs to learn though that spanish will get a lot easier if he just tries to speak it! Haha, but he is finally getting over his culture shock, but now he is finally realizing that Chile is not like the MTC and that pretty much nobody here speaks english. Haha, I´m doing my very best to support him in all and to teach him everything to help him out, but it is going to be a long process.

Yesterday we had a really spiritual experience in one of our lessons. While we were teaching one of our investigators about the Word of Wisdom, she had the courage to rip up her cigarrets and throw them out the window... but that was the easy part... we had to help her get rid of her coffee. She didn´t want to at first for a couple of reasons, but after a testimony and with the help of the Holy Ghost, we finally got her to understand the importance of living this commandment... but she still didn´t want to get rid of her coffee because she didn't want to offend her brother. Her brother was in a different room and we asked her to ask him if we could just take the coffee so it wouldn´t be a temptation. She didn´t want to because she was afraid that he would get all mad. So I called her brother and simply asked if we could take the coffee, and he said yes without a problem! Hahaha, I know that the power of the spirit is with us. So we walked out of that lesson with a grand victory over the evil, and with a trophey of coffee!

This morning all the Zone and District Leaders had a big mission conference with the Mission Concepción (norte), so I´ve been up since like 5 to get ready and to travel, and so for most of my P-day I have been in a meeting, but it was really good! I love you all so much and I hope you are all well! Happy 46th Birthday tomorrow Mom! I love you so much! Thanks for being such a fantastic mother!  I love you all so much! I hope that you all have a great week! We have 7 investigators with baptizmal dates for this month... but we need a couple of miracles to pull them off! I love you all so much! Have a great week! Take care! 

Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett








No comments:

Post a Comment