Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Thursday, August 2, 2012

July 23, 2012

Hey there everybody!

My goodness this past week went by fast... and I´m quite grateful too... I´m ready for a new cambio. But things went pretty much fantastic for us this past week in the work, regardless of my companions attitude :/

We worked really hard this past week to help our investigators realize the importance of going to church. In the end, all of our hard work paid off! We ended up having 6 investigators show up! ^_^ That doesn´t happen very often, so we were very happy! This last week has been a little crazy too... we have been without power in our house since thursday morning because the mission office forgot to pay for our lights since April... so finally they shut off our lights and we are just waiting until someone in the mission office can solve this little problem. It has been fun to use candles and flashlights though! I feel like a missionary from the old days! Haha, it is quite an adventure!

This past week I had some really funny stories of things that have happened, but unfortunately we are running a little short on time today... my comp was getting his hair cut by an investigator... haha! It turned out... nice? :P Anyways, did you know that "Schmidgt" had 100 wives! It´s true! It´s in a book! :P  Haha, it is so funny when some chileans try to pronounce Joseph Smith´s name when they don´t know his name. Schmidgt was my favourite this week. It is amazing what happens when the spirit is in the midst of a conversation, because at the end of the controversy, the people end up changing their minds and want to listen to us! And I am glad that I think some conversations are hilarious and that I don´t get mad! ^_^ It is better to be a happy friendly person instead of arguing. 

Well, this last week we have been preparing one of our investigators to be baptized, and this next Saturday he is going to be baptized! His name is Matias and he is 11 years old! He is so excited to be baptized and he is so smart and spiritual! I just hope nothing strange happens this week to make the baptizm complicated... it seems like something always happens! :P  But that is just because someone doesn´t want our investigators to be baptized... but I know things will work out A-okay! Anyways, I hope all of you are well back at home! The weather is acting up a little here again, but good thing I like the rain! I love you all! I love you too Caralyn! Thanks for all the prayers from all of you! This week I find out my cambio, wish me luck! Love you all!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett






No comments:

Post a Comment