Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Thursday, August 2, 2012

July 30, 2012

Hey there everybody!

This past week flew by so quickly, and it ended on a wonderful note! 

We started the week out with a lot of opposition, because we had a baptizm planned for Saturday, and it seemed like everything that could have happened to make things harder for us to get everything planned and set up, it did. Luckily I just thought that it was ridiculous and I could just laugh about it! For example, we ran out of minutes on our phone, so we couldn´t call anyone to set up appointments and to see how things are going. The gate to the church didn´t want to open, so we had to jump the gate. It was super cold and rainy for part of the week just to make things a little more interesting. The water heater in the church didn´t want to work, we didn´t have lights in the church at the start of the week.... so many things! Not to mention we had to go to other sectors for intercambios, and we had a mission conference, it felt like we were so short on time.

But in the end, things turned out super great! The day of the baptizm it was a nice bright sunshiny day. I was able to open up the gate to the church. We had plenty of members that offered us to use their phones to call people, and the organizations helped out a lot. The lights turned on a little before the baptizm at the church. Unfortunately the water heater never started working, but we were able to fill up the baptizmal font no problem. And we finally recieved power in our house too after a week! Hooray! 

Matias Hernan Rivas Rivera. I had the opportunity to baptize an amazing 11 year old who spiritually speaking, is very mature. He was well prepared long before we got there to teach him. I love his family so much and it is great that we could reactivate his parents now! So he will have a lot of support as he continues to grow with his family! He is excited to turn 18 so he can serve a mission! But wow was the water cold! Poor kid, he had to be dunked under the water completely! But we felt the spirit so strongly and we felt the warmth of our Heavenly Father`s love for us.  

This week was also the last week of this cambio! And that means.... Cambios!!!!!!! I knew a little bit about my cambio a little early in the week when we went to the mission conference... Presidente Martinez pulled me aside and told me.... well, that I would have a grand opportunity. He told me that I would be training! O.o :)  I am super happy! I can´t wait to train! I have no clue who my companion is or if he is going to be a gringo or latino, but I am so happy that the Lord has given me this opportunity to grow and to train someone in the mission field! I´m going to stay in the same sector, so I am happy about that too, so I will be here with my new companion for 3 months longer! I also recieved the great responsiblity to be a District Leader now... I´m going to be in charge of 5 other missionaries! I´m going to have to do a lot, but I know I can´t do it on my own, but I am so glad that I have learned to rely on our Heavenly Father to help me out! I know I will be okay... I´m a little stressed because it is going to be a lot of responsibitly, but more than anything I´m super excited and super excited to work really hard with a newbie! It´s going to be great! We have the potential in our sector to baptize 6 people in August! 

Well, Tomorrow I will meet my new comp, fresh off the plane, and next week I will complete 1 year in the mission... time is flying by so fast and I love being here serving the Lord. My mind is all over the place, but I am glad that I can focus myself and help my investigators and that I can keep on working! I love you all so much! I know that this church is true. I know that when we have the spirit with us, we can have unexplainable experiences that are going to make an impression in our lives forever. I´m so glad that I am worthy to have the priesthood and to have the rights to many of God´s gifts so that I can bless the lives of others. I love you all so much and I miss you always. I love you too Caralyn! I hope you are all well and that you can always remember that true eternal happiness comes from choosing the right in all moments! Until next week! Wish me luck!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett







No comments:

Post a Comment