Hey there Everybody! Happy New Years!
This past week seemed to fly by! I can´t believe that last week I was able to talk to my family, it was a lot of fun and really weird too! It feels like time has passed by so quickly, but also as if I´ve always lived in Chile as a missionary and this is my real life. Strange, that thing called time... and it only passes by every second! Haha, and here we are at the end of this year, I feel like I´ve grown so much this year, and I know there is still so much that I can learn and that I need to do while I´m here in Chile... almost 7 months left! Yikes! Time is flying by! I love you my family, and all of my friends and loved ones too!
So, aside from all the holidays and such, it has just been getting hotter and hotter here in Chile... so hot! Well, at least here in Los Angeles. I talked to Elder Hughes the other day and he says that the temperature is really nice by the ocean! Lucky him, he lives in Paradise and I live here in the desert. Elder Hinckley and I are progressing a lot in our sector and we were used by the Lord this week to answer the prayers of a lot of people in the ward. Our new Relief Society President has been praying for this past week for help and guidance, she just got put in like 3 weeks ago and she is really young. So we were planning for our day and what we should do and we decided to go visit her. It turns out we had exactly what she needed... we have a really awesome list and map of the sector and the members that we made and she needed something exactly like that to be able to start working and to know where all of the sisters in the ward live. It was a great experience to see that would could bring relief to a member.
We are also working hard with our investigators, even though none of them want to accept a baptizmal date.... YET! :) We are doing our very best, despite the fact that they are all going from place to place during the holiday season... The summer time here in Chile is the most difficult time to work as a missionary because everyone just leaves! But despite that we are seeing progress here in the sector and we are very happy about that!
This past week all the district leaders had a meeting with the Presidents Assistants about our responsibilities as District Leaders... I´m glad to know that I´ve been doing my responsibility right! I´ve had to travel so much this cambio, and things just seem so hectic and strange lately here!
I hope you are all doing great, I´m doing quite well here. I love you all so much, thanks for all the support this year and I wish and pray for you all to have a great new year! Remember, we don´t have to wait for the end of the year to change things in our lives! That is what repentance is for and we can do it everyday and at any hour! ;) I´m so grateful that Christ lives and that he provides the way for us to become better people! I know this church is true, and I´m so grateful that this new year I still get to preach his gospel to my Chilean brothers and sisters!
¡Feliz año nuevo! 2013!!!!!!
con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett
(do you like our new years decorations?)
No comments:
Post a Comment