Hey there everyone!
I hope that all of you are enjoying your cold weather... it is just
getting even more hot everyday here! I don´t think I sweat this much
in Southern Utah in the boiling heat... maybe that is because I never
walked around in church clothes all day every day! Haha, hmmm... that
could be it... but who knows!
It´s been a great week to say the least... we´ve seen so many miracles
happening here, all the work that we have been doing since I got here
has been bringing the blessings that we are recieving now in the
sector. It´s been a great spiritual cambio with Elder Hinckley.
Starting from zero has been really fun and a lot of work... I´d rather
not have to do that again though! But we finally have some
investigators to teach and a few of them are progressing to be
baptized now.
We are actually going to have a baptism this Saturday. An investigator
that we have been trying to track down for like a month finally came
back from her vacations and she was passing through a really hard
time. We felt the urge to go visit her one night, even though we have
tried and failed so many times during a month... we could never find
her. But our prayers were answered and we found her basically crying
and even though she didn´t have time in that moment, we could set up a
meeting with her and we went and taught her and she wants to get
baptised to fill the empty space in her soul. Elder Hinckley, my cold
hearted killer of a companion, ended up crying in that lesson with
her... we´ve been praying for her for over a month now... it was a
great experience for him in the missionary work. And as always, an
amazing experience for me! Moments like that when we are really led by
the spirit shows us that this is the Lord´s work and he works in his
own ways. We are just his tools that get to do the work! I love it!
How great is the missionary work!
So she´s going to get baptized on Saturday, her name is Sheryl. She´s
a really nice person. The next Saturday we also have a baptizm planned
for an investigator named York. He is just a little kid, but we found
him through his inactive parents. He is progressing great and we
activated his family! We are also seeing a lot of miracles with other
investigators.... and we are working so well with the church members
in this ward. I love it here regardless of the heat!
Well, this cambio has ended and so has my short time with Elder
Hinckley... it was so much fun being with him, we worked hard to get
this sector prepared for the future. He is leaving the sector... but
I´ll still see him every week, because he is staying in the same zone.
I´m going to be with another Argentine, so I´ll get to work better
with my Argentine accent. haha! His name is Elder Manzanos... but I
don´t know him... so we´ll see what happens. I´m still district leader
and Elder Humpherys is in my district again! How fun!
Well, I hope that you are all doing well! I love you all so much! Send
me some cold please! I would love a bit of snow or at least some
clouds!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett
I hope that all of you are enjoying your cold weather... it is just
getting even more hot everyday here! I don´t think I sweat this much
in Southern Utah in the boiling heat... maybe that is because I never
walked around in church clothes all day every day! Haha, hmmm... that
could be it... but who knows!
It´s been a great week to say the least... we´ve seen so many miracles
happening here, all the work that we have been doing since I got here
has been bringing the blessings that we are recieving now in the
sector. It´s been a great spiritual cambio with Elder Hinckley.
Starting from zero has been really fun and a lot of work... I´d rather
not have to do that again though! But we finally have some
investigators to teach and a few of them are progressing to be
baptized now.
We are actually going to have a baptism this Saturday. An investigator
that we have been trying to track down for like a month finally came
back from her vacations and she was passing through a really hard
time. We felt the urge to go visit her one night, even though we have
tried and failed so many times during a month... we could never find
her. But our prayers were answered and we found her basically crying
and even though she didn´t have time in that moment, we could set up a
meeting with her and we went and taught her and she wants to get
baptised to fill the empty space in her soul. Elder Hinckley, my cold
hearted killer of a companion, ended up crying in that lesson with
her... we´ve been praying for her for over a month now... it was a
great experience for him in the missionary work. And as always, an
amazing experience for me! Moments like that when we are really led by
the spirit shows us that this is the Lord´s work and he works in his
own ways. We are just his tools that get to do the work! I love it!
How great is the missionary work!
So she´s going to get baptized on Saturday, her name is Sheryl. She´s
a really nice person. The next Saturday we also have a baptizm planned
for an investigator named York. He is just a little kid, but we found
him through his inactive parents. He is progressing great and we
activated his family! We are also seeing a lot of miracles with other
investigators.... and we are working so well with the church members
in this ward. I love it here regardless of the heat!
Well, this cambio has ended and so has my short time with Elder
Hinckley... it was so much fun being with him, we worked hard to get
this sector prepared for the future. He is leaving the sector... but
I´ll still see him every week, because he is staying in the same zone.
I´m going to be with another Argentine, so I´ll get to work better
with my Argentine accent. haha! His name is Elder Manzanos... but I
don´t know him... so we´ll see what happens. I´m still district leader
and Elder Humpherys is in my district again! How fun!
Well, I hope that you are all doing well! I love you all so much! Send
me some cold please! I would love a bit of snow or at least some
clouds!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Garrett
No comments:
Post a Comment