Hey there everybody!
What a crazy and short week it has been... I don´t think the mission is ever going to slow down.
This last week was filled with craziness and miracles and the spirit. I did two intercambios this last week to get to know the sectors that are in my district and to know their investigators and all of that fun stuff. The really crazy part is that this week I recieved my new comp, Elder Manzanos. He is from Argentina and has one cambio less than I. We are getting along so well! I love the Argentine people, he´s my second comp from there, so no complaints from me! Why were these intercambios crazy? I had to leave our sector in the hands of Elder Manzanos, who doesn´t know much about the sector because he just got here and who doesn´t know any of our investigators or the members. But we have been working so hard and so great together this past week, and we are seeing the fruits of what Elder Hinckley and I were able to do in this sector to get it all nice and functioning.
On Saturday we were able to have a baptizm for our investigator named Sheryl. Sheryl was so excited to be baptized and she really did have a change in her life. It was a miracle to find her after searching for her for a month straight, but in the end, she still wanted to get baptized and the ward is helping us out so much so that she can remain active in the church... that´s the idea, right? The only way to recieve Eternal Life is to follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ and a part of that is Enduring to the End. The water felt so nice and cold... perfect for a hot day. The next day on Sunday I was able to confirm her a member too. She´s really happy and I´m so happy whenever I´m able to participate in an ordinance of the Gospel. Words cannot express the joy I feel when I can baptize someone and when I can confirm someone. It´s amazing, I love it! The best part of all of it is knowing that I´ve been an instrument in the hands of the Lord to help someone be apart of the fold of God.
Right now I´m extremely tired too... As a district we decided to go to a Volcano that is about an hour and a half away by bus, and then from there, we hiked 8 miles up and then 8 miles down to get to the volcano in the heat. It was so much fun! We left really early in the morning, we had to wake up at 5:30 to get to the bus station on time so that it could take us up there. It was quite a fun hike and pretty intense with the heat, the bugs, the adventure. It was a lot better than a normal zone activity of just playing soccer and eating food. We almost didn´t catch the last bus on time to take us back to L.A. from the Volcan Antuco, but by a miracle and with extreme heat and weary legs, we were all able to make it to the bus. Elder Gato enjoyed the hike too.... he hitch-hiked in my backpack like always!
Really a lot has happened this week, I don´t know what more I could share in this moment. I´m quite tired and my mind is all over the place.... I can´t believe that I almost have only 6 months left in the mission... Time is flying by way to fast! So here I am, in the ghetto L.A. of Chile! I love you all so much! Send me some rain or snow or at least some clouds! That would be wonderful! Take Care!
Con mucho amor, Elder Garrett
No comments:
Post a Comment