Hey there everybody!
This week has been a crazy week for us here. Especially for me because I think I have bronchitis or something (I dont know if that is how you spell it...) I have been coughing up my lungs and lots of phlegm for the entire past week, and I´m still continuing with the fun today! There is a fiesta in my lungs or something! Luckily during the week I shook off my fever, now I just have some fun in my lungs to deal with. I haven´t been getting any better either because it has been raining almost everyday here and it is getting cold again, but I am surviving.
This last week has been one of the most successful weeks here in Llaima for us. We were super blessed for all the hard work that we have been doing in this sector. Usually we have teach about 11 to 13 lessons during the week, and maybe 1 or 2 lessons with members... it isn´t very much, but the people here are so silly and dont want to listen to us... but this past week we found 4 new investigators (one who only has one leg and has about 6 different diseases...) and we taught 19 lessons and 4 other lessons with members. It was a wonderful gift for us! Even though we lost about 2 days of work in total because our zone had interviews with our Mission President, and Chile had a soccer game against Bolivia... so the people didnt even want to open up there doors... it was so funny to hear all the houses cheering and screaming when we were walking in the street... I didn´t know houses could scream and cheer! Haha, but we were very blessed this last week, and I hope our success continues.
Even though it is getting a lot colder every day again, and it rains so much... I love the Fall time here in Temuco. Temuco is so beautiful with all of it´s trees and parks. Fall time is my favourite, and I am in perhaps the richest sector in our mission, so the parks and streets and houses are super nice and have lots of trees with changing leaves and such.
I still don´t understand the logic of some people... There are some people that believe in God and such, but don´t believe in Churches. We ask them about what they believe, about the commandments, etc... and they say that they believe in God in there own way and they have there own way to follow the commandments, etc, etc... And I came to a conclusion with one lady that she had established her own church inside of her house. She couldn´t tell me no because although she doesn´t go to a church or anything, she does her own thing just like many people did during the time of the Apostacy. Sigh... how silly some people can act! Well, in my interview with Presidente Martinez, he told me that I will probably go to a new sector after this cambio... I don´t want to leave to be honest. I love Llaima and it is my home! Oh well, if I need to go to another sector, I will go!
Anyways, that was my last week. It was long somedays in the rain, I am still sick, I hope I am slowly getting better. Oh! My little cousin Hannah Mattingley sent me a lovely birthday card! Thanks Hannah! Thanks all of you my family and friends and Caralyn for your love and support! I love you all so very much! I hope all is well back in the states. I love you so much too Caralyn! Well, Until next week I suppose! Best of luck Kyle Gummow with your Mission in Canada! I am cheering you on!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Scott Garrett
No comments:
Post a Comment