Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Thursday, July 5, 2012

June 25, 2012

Hey there Everybody!

Sorry I wasn´t able to write last week, Elder Lengruber and I didn´t have time to stop by a Ciber to email... it was a crazy week and we had an activity with our zone last week that took up most of our P-day... but here I am now!

Well, I bet you are all wondering what happened with my Cambios... But you will just have to wait for a little bit longer before I can tell! First off I will let you know what happened 2 weeks ago. Well, it rained a lot a lot a lot in Temuco... A LOT. There were some days when I was walking the the street with water almost half way up my shins! Not to mention is was freezing cold! Elder Lengruber and I had fun walking through all the lakes in rivers every day! Haha. Also, I was able to have an intercambio in another sector 2 hours away from Temuco in a little town called Cunco. It was a lot of fun to talk to people who actually wanted to talk back to you, or at least said hello! It is very interesting to see the difference only 2 hours in distance can make with a whole community of people. But also there are different challenges with every person and every place.

Elder Lengruber and I didn´t have too bad of a week at all. We were actually able to convince a youth to go out contacting with us! What a miracle! Not to mention we were able to teach more lessons than we usually do... even though it was freezing cold! It was a week filled with adventure and excitement... not to mention we were waiting the entire week to hear our cambios. Father´s day (Happy Late Father´s Day Dad!) was great in the Chruch, we were able to recieve mustaches from the young women and we also had some investigators in the church too. Irnalda, our 74 year old investigator feels so happy in the church and she says that one day she is going to decide to be baptized. I hope she decides sooner than later! And also, Roberto like always is amazing. He is always so happy in the church and so funny.

We also had a mission conference 2 weeks ago. Our mission president told every companionship that we needed to prepare to teach one of 8 lessons... and that we needed to be prepared to teach any of them because he would choose randomly which lesson we need to teach. Also, he would randomly pick one set of missionaries out of the big group of companionships. Elder Lengruber and I studied for all of them and prepared a bit for all of them, but we felt like we were going to get picked, and also that it was going to be a lesson about the Holy Ghost. So we prepared a super lesson for the Holy Ghost... and what happened? We got picked out of 80 missionaries, and it was a lesson about the Holy Ghost! Revelation, right? I am glad that I can feel the spirit so strongly, and that I have had some really awesome experiences with Elder Lengruber. ^_^

Congrats to my Cousin Christian on his mission call to Tahiti! I will be cheering you on from the end of the world here in Chile! Best of luck whenever you leave :P  There are a lot of changes happening everywhere... and speaking of changes, I have been in a new sector this past week... Sigh... I knew it was coming, but I didn´t want it to come. I love Llaima so much! Well, we recieved our Cambios 2 saturday´s ago... And we both left from Llaima... They white washed the sector, that is when they take both missionaries out and put 2 new missionaries in. Sigh... I hope that the new missionaries take care of all of our awesome investigators. We left the sector a lot stronger that it has been in awhile!

Well, my Cambio is a land by the sea, with lots of lots of Hills! HUGE HILLS that I get to climb every day! I go hiking a lot! Haha! It is also poor and the people actually talk with us most of the time. I am with a Chilean named Elder Santos... it is going to take a little to get used to him... he tries to purposly do stuff to bug me and he does some interesting things that I don´t agree with and that he shouldn´t do... but I am doing my best! ^_^ 

I have returned to the land of Talcahauno, but this time in the North part of the city that I never knew. I love it... it reminds me of a run down small Seattle! ^_^ It is a lot of fun, and although I love this sector and the people in the ward are really nice, I miss Temuco. At least it isn´t freezing here like in Temuco! I can go outside just in a white shirt and tie or with a sweater... in Temuco I would have died had I left like that! So my health is getting better now too, now that it isn´t raining all the time and it isn´t cold. But we do have wind! I´m still not totally better, but I am feeling a lot better. We are starting to have a lot of success too in this sector, so that is great! The challenge this cambio will just be my companion, but I will be just fine! I can take on all of the hills here no problem!

I hope all of you at home are doing just great! I love you all so much! I love the work of the Lord and that I can help the people here in Chile. I am always praying for you all! I hope your Grandma is doing a little better Caralyn, I love you darling! Best of luck with everything that you are all doing this next week! I hope you enjoy the pictures! Take care!

Con mucho Amor,
Elder Garrett


















No comments:

Post a Comment