Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Elder Garrett (in Zion)

Thursday, July 5, 2012

May 28, 2012

Hey there Everybody!

This past week has been a rough one... We didnt have too much success during the week, but luckily yesterday the things started to pick back up again. Well, out of the 7 days of the week... It rained 6 days... and 5 of the days it was pouring with ferocious winds! So during the week I ended up getting pretty sick (and I am still sick, but getting a little better, I think :P)  Right now I just have a really gross goobery cough and I feel a little warm and very week. But the best day of the week when it was pouring and pouring and pouring and pouring and so windy that we couldnt use our umbrellas, I ended up leaving the house with a 100 degree fever. Oh the mission! How fun it is sometimes! It really is fun, but sometimes I wish the weather would help us out! 

Yesterday was our Ward Conference, so during the week there was an activity in the church every single day! We were very excited that would would be able to have investigators in the activities and the the members could bring someone to the activities at least one day of the week... but with no luck. The only investigator that said she would go ended up getting extremely sick the day before and couldnt go. Sigh, it seems like stuff like that always happens.  Oh well, we just have to do what we can and hope and pray for the best. As hard as this sector in Llaima is sometimes, I love it. We always talk with really interesting people with really interesting beliefs. 

One part of my testimony that grew this week was of the power of a testimony.  When a lesson gets a little of track, or when the people dont understand or doubt, a testimony really invites the spirit and helps in a way unimaginable. A testimony is one of the most powerful tools we have as missionaries and as members of the church. And one of the best ways to grow your testimony is to share it! I am glad that I can share my testimony every single day as a missionary! 

Well, I dont have any pictures to share because I wasnt feeling too well to take pictures, and it was raining all week, so I didnt want to ruin my camera either... Hopefully this week we will have better weather and better success in the work here! I cut my hair earlier this morning, it turned out great! I love you all! I hope you are all safe! I love you too Caralyn! Take care Everybody! Until next week!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Scott Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment